Vision Quest Advisors offers provincial accreditation upon completion of Security Guard training for aboriginal and non-aboriginal businesses.
All Security Guards are required to be licensed under provincial legislation in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
You require a 40 hour (5 days) mandatory government course from an “Approved Trainer” and must pass a provincial exam on the 5th day to acquire your Security Guard certification.
Vision Quest Advisors is an approved Security Guard Course Provider:
- for Saskatchewan #CP 65,
- for Manitoba File #325-PR and
- for Alberta #AT000075.
The Security Guard course provides the basic training in:
- Security Guard Duties and Responsibilities
- How to Maintain Professionalism
- Crowd Control Techniques
- Searches and Powers of Arrest
- Understanding the Criminal Code that applies to Security Officers
- Understanding the different types of Controlling Access/Egress to Private Property
- Traffic Control
- Note Taking; Writing of Reports
- Protecting Evidence
- Responding to Fire, and Bomb Threats
- Conducting an Evacuation
- Handling Labour Disputes
- Preparing Yourself in Presenting Evidence in Court
- Gangs (in Saskatchewan course only).
Vision Quest Advisors travels to your location to conduct the training. Give us a call or email us for more information!